Project Development Analyst – Western US
About Aypa Power:
Aypa Power, a Blackstone portfolio company, is a pioneer and leading developer and operator of energy storage projects with a proven track record of financing, developing, owning, and operating MW-scale battery storage and renewable energy projects. We design customized energy storage and generation projects for a range of applications, including microgrids and distributed energy resources, commercial and industrial facilities, and utility-scale systems that can power entire cities. Working closely with our diverse range of partners, we’re creating a world powered by affordable, sustainable, and reliable energy.
- Project Development Analyst – Western US
- Vice President of Development, Western US
Support development of energy storage and renewable hybrid projects from market assessment to site development and through financial close, within the Western US, with California as the primary market. This is a high visibility role in a fast-paced industry, with a broad scope that with advancement can lead to roles in project development, market analytics and origination / power marketing.
- Perform primary research and documentary support that informs actionable project development strategies in region.
- Support development of utility scale projects to successful financial close, working with in-house and external subject matter experts.
- Develop and own relationships with external project stakeholders including landowners, utility personnel, and federal, state and local authorities having jurisdiction over project consents.
- Own project status tracking and provide regular reporting to regional development lead and executive team.
- Gather and organize development inputs to project financial models, from internal and external resources, including on development incentives, sales and property tax regimes and labor rules.
- Work with origination and development teams to organize project materials, conduct and document outreach efforts and assist with bilateral and RFP-based power marketing.
- Support due diligence for development or acquisition projects, including summarizing project facts, perceived risks and opportunities, including quantitative assessments.
- Provide input into company business plan and development strategy.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- A graduate degree (MBA, finance or quantitative science) is desirable.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in renewable energy project development (preferably utility-scale). A history of applicable internships throughout schooling will be considered.
- Project development experience in CAISO strongly preferred.
- Demonstrably strong organizational skills and experience using project and task tracking tools.
- High initiative and desire to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment with executive mentorship but limited task-level direction and supervision.
- As part of a lean and dynamic team, the candidate must be able to plan, oversee, and personally execute numerous projects simultaneously, work well under pressure, and adjust to changing priorities.
At Aypa Power we offer:
- Job Type: Permanent, Full-time
- Salary: A base salary commensurate with experience.
- Bonus: An annual bonus will be awarded based on both individual performance as well as the overall success of the business.
- Benefits: Aypa offers an attractive benefit package with excellent health care / dental / vision, 401k matching, and other health and wellness benefits.
- A dynamic team and work environment
- Ongoing opportunities for learning and development
- An innovative culture
- Flexibility and autonomy
- Location: Ability to work in the United States is a requirement. Candidate should be based in the Western US, with a preference for California or Portland, Oregon; however, location of workplace is flexible provided candidate is able to travel as required
- Aypa Power is an equal opportunity employer. Please note, while we appreciate all applications only qualified candidates will be contacted.
**Cover letter is required for this application