About Aypa Power
Aypa Power, a Blackstone portfolio company, is a pioneer and leading developer, owner and operator of energy storage and hybrid renewable projects, with a leadership team that is deeply experienced in developing, contracting, financing, owning, and operating C&I and utility scale battery storage and renewable energy projects. We design customized energy storage and generation projects for a range of applications that benefit both commercial and industrial customers, as well as utilities that power our communities and cities. Working closely with our diverse range of partners, we’re creating a world powered by affordable, sustainable, and reliable energy.
Director of Storage and Renewable Energy Development for the Western US.
Responsible for spearheading the development of energy storage and hybrid renewable projects in the in the Western US, with California as the primary market.
- Own and execute project development strategy in region.
- Lead development of utility scale projects to successful financial close, working with in-house and external subject matter experts.
- Work with origination team to cultivate customer relationships in region.
- Work closely with internal and external resources to structure, negotiate and close project transactions.
- Responsible for budget and driving profitability of utility scale projects in region
- Lead due diligence for development or acquisition projects.
- Work with regulatory and policy experts to track and incorporate policy and power market changes into regional strategy.
- Provide input into company business plan and development strategy.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- A graduate degree (MBA) is desirable.
- Minimum of six (6) years of experience in renewable energy project development (preferably utility-scale).
- Project development experience in CAISO strongly preferred.
- Successful track record of executing complex energy projects and/or transactions.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, including a creative and proactive work ethic. As part of a lean and dynamic team, the candidate must be able to plan, oversee, and personally execute numerous projects simultaneously, work well under pressure, and adjust to changing priorities.
Compensation and Location
- Job Type: Permanent, Full-time
- Salary: A base salary commensurate with experience.
- Bonus: An annual bonus will be awarded based on both individual performance as well as the overall success of the business.
- Benefits: Aypa offers an attractive benefit package with excellent health care / dental / vision, 401k matching, and other health and wellness benefits.
- Location: Ability to work in the United States is a requirement. Candidate should be based in the Western US, with a preference for California; however, location of workplace is flexible provided candidate is able to travel as required.