About Aypa Power
Aypa Power, a Blackstone portfolio company, is a pioneer and leading developer, owner and operator of energy storage and hybrid renewable projects, with a leadership team that is deeply experienced in developing, contracting, financing, owning, and operating C&I and utility scale battery storage and renewable energy projects. We design customized energy storage and generation projects for a range of applications that benefit both commercial and industrial customers, as well as utilities that power our communities and cities. Working closely with our diverse range of partners, we’re creating a world powered by affordable, sustainable, and reliable energy.
Director of Origination – US Commercial and Industrial Customers
Lead Aypa’s US Corporate&I Sales business
- Develop, own and execute corporate customer origination strategy in the US.
- Build and maintain corporate customer relationships.
- Work with regional development leads to identify corporate offtake opportunities for projects in regions.
- Work with power marketing team to customize hybrid storage and renewable energy solutions for corporate customers.
- Provide input into company business plan and development strategy.
- Work with regulatory and policy experts to track and incorporate policy and power economics changes into corporate strategy.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Established relationships with corporates and industrial customers.
- Preference for candidates that have experience negotiating offtake agreements either as an independent power producer or with a corporate energy procurement/sustainability group.
- Preference for candidates with at least 5 years’ experience in origination
- Strong leadership skills and ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, including a creative and proactive work ethic. As part of a lean and dynamic team, the candidate must be able to plan, oversee, and personally execute numerous projects simultaneously, work well under pressure, and adjust to changing priorities.
Compensation and Location
- Job Type: Permanent, Full-time
- Salary: A base salary commensurate with experience.
- Bonus: An annual bonus will be awarded based on both individual performance as well as the overall success of the business.
- Benefits: Aypa offers an attractive benefit package with excellent health care / dental / vision, 401k matching, and other health and wellness benefits.
- Location: Ability to work in the United States is a requirement. Preference for being based in California; however, location of workplace is flexible provided candidate is able to travel, as required.