Manager, Commercial Modeling and Data Analytics
About Aypa Power:
Aypa Power, a Blackstone portfolio company, is a pioneer and leading developer and operator of energy storage projects with a proven track record of financing, developing, owning, and operating MW-scale battery storage and renewable energy projects. We design customized energy storage and generation projects for a range of applications, including microgrids and distributed energy resources, commercial and industrial facilities, and utility-scale systems that can power entire cities. Working closely with our diverse range of partners, we are creating a world powered by affordable, sustainable, and reliable energy.
- Manager, Commercial Modeling and Data Analytics
- Full time
- Austin, TX
- Power Marketing
- EVP and Managing Director, Power Marketing
We are seeking a Commercial Analyst/Data Analyst with very strong excel modeling and Data analytical skills to join the Aypa Power marketing and Asset management team, and drive key commercial analytics that are required for the development and negotiation of projects. The primary focus will be commercial analysis on grid scale storage and solar + storage projects however it is possible that there will be a behind the meter (btm) component to the storage projects.
- Performing commercial, financial and market analysis for Grid Scale energy projects that are primarily Solar + Storage and Storage. This analytical work will be done in Power Marketing on behalf of commercial project offtake negotiations, project M&A, i.e., acquiring partially completed development projects, siting or evaluating of organic development projects or for the creation market fundamental outlook reports. It is also likely that the Manager will be tasked with similar Data Analytics and modeling duties by the Asset Management team for issues related to Aypa’s operating projects.
- Downloading and working with large data sets that are required for various market analyses and operating project analyses. Many of these are from RTOs or similar organizations.
- Working with new or existing storage assets for Asset Management related issues and concerns.
- Excellent Excel modeling skills. Advanced SQL skills. Strong financial modeling skills are a plus; an ability to code in Python or R is a plus. Knowledge of MatLab, Tableau or similar software is a strong plus.
- Excellent PowerPoint skills preferred.
- Experience performing analyses on large data sets for commercial purposes.
- Experience in ERCOT, CAISO, PJM and other wholesale power markets strongly preferred. Knowledge of BTM Solar/Storage or Gas markets are pluses.
- Ability to independently bring projects to successful completion.
- High analytical aptitude and problem-solving skills.
- Experience structuring and modeling and driving grid scale wholesale projects and experience working with cross-functional teams.
- Applicant should be comfortable working in a lean and fast-moving team and working directly with members of senior management.
- At least 2+ years of experience working with a renewable energy developer, IPP, trading firm, asset management firm or a retail supply company preferred. Experience doing similar commercial and data analytic duties in the wholesale gas or oil markets will be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics, Finance, or related field preferred. Master’s Degree is a plus.
Compensation and Location:
- Salary: A base salary commensurate with experience.
- Bonus: An annual bonus will be awarded based on both individual performance as well as the overall success of the business.
- Benefits: Aypa offers an attractive benefit package with excellent health care / dental / vision, 401k matching, and other health and wellness benefits.
- Location: Ability to work in the United States is a requirement. Candidate should be based in Austin but open to other locations.
At Aypa Power we offer:
- A dynamic team and work environment
- Ongoing opportunities for learning and development
- An innovative culture
- Flexibility and autonomy
Aypa Power is an equal opportunity employer. Please note, while we appreciate all applications only qualified candidates will be contacted.